Tasting Room Guest Coordinator
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences. The perfect candidates will be outgoing, enthusiastic with high attention to detail and that are focused on creating memorable experiences, and providing friendly, knowledgeable and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards has openings for a part time Tasting Room Guest Coordinator. This position focuses on coordination of guest traffic flow and assists the Winery Estate Hosts with performing essential daily duties and executing tasting room responsibilities to ensure and facilitate great guest tastings, events and experiences. In addition, the Guest Coordinator will assist Winery Estate Hosts with wine sales and sign ups of new club members. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high energy level, attention to detail and guest service experience with excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 14-16+ hours per week.
- Coordinate, manage, check-in and direct daily reservations
- Direct the flow of walk-ins and reservations for tasting room, private tasting room, patio and lake pavilion
- Coordinate the flow and time management of sections, bars and tables in regards to seating, bussing, re-setting, waitlists and any other guest flow duties
- Welcome guests in a warm, hospitable and polished manner while answering questions about the property and tasting options
- Assists with seating guests, setting tables, setting private tastings, clearing tables, stocking supplies and all other general duties to help elevate guest’s experiences
- Helps maintain cleanliness of facility, bathrooms, tasting room, lake pavilion, amphitheater and glassware
- Assist Winery Estate Hosts with overall needs of guests and daily functions
- Accurately handle daily transactions including complex POS transactions, accurate club account information, ringing orders, processing returns, receiving stock, and any other customer database needs that arise
- Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily
- Assist Winery Estate Hosts with all guests by providing amazing winery experiences while focusing on building our tasting room sales, wine club memberships and customer base
- Event support, including set-up and break down
- Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must work weekends
- Minimum 1 year of retail, fine dining restaurant, event, golf course and/or hotel/private club experience preferred
- Must be able to execute key functions of computers and database such as transactions, guest information updates, guest history, and etc.
- Must be able to talk in front of large groups
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, utilize a dolly cart, and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks as outlined
- Knowledge of food, pairings and the Sierra Foothills AVA is a bonus
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, high-touch customer service
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- A positive attitude and engaging personality with a warm and welcoming, polished demeanor and personal presentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments
- Ability to work in a professional environment, including use of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service & sales focus
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE.
Please serious inquiries only. Qualified candidates please email a copy of yur resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.