Winding through our 67 acres of hillside vineyards, our 3 miles of dog-friendly nature trails meander the diverse landscape of our mountain property, vineyards and gardens. While walking our trails, guests will be shaded by towering Ponderosa pines while enjoying the bright colors of hundreds of azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas, dogwoods, aspen, maples, scarlet oaks and many more trees that delight your senses. With roughly 10,000 flowers, ornamental shrubs and trees planted throughout our estate, guests can enjoy our gardens and trails to enjoy year-round. The trails start at the tasting room, leading guests through our 300ft rose arbor, which is covered in hundreds of Sally Holmes and Iceland roses. These beautiful climbing roses produce dazzling sprays of white flowers; whose light fragrance enchants visitors during Spring and Summer. Throughout the year, you can immerse yourself in life cycle of the vineyard and see first-hand, what is happening. Our property and trails provide an unparalleled sanctuary with ample space for responsible social distancing. We believe these rules will allow guests who live nearby a safe outlet to manage mental and physical stress.
- Open by prior reservation 7 days a week. All guests must make reservations and check in at the tasting room. Well-behaved, non-aggressive and leashed dogs are welcome on the trails. Trails are child friendly but children must stay within arms reach of the guardian. Please pick up after yourself.
- Pricing and Cancellation: For non-members, it is $10 per car or complimentary with the purchase of 2 bottles of wine per car. Reservation fees are waived for Starfield Wine Club members. If you cancel with less than a 24 hours notice or no show, the tasting fees are non-refundable.
- Location: Guest check in at the Tasting Room. Upon check in, we will provide a trail map. Guests are welcome to enjoy the trails in any direction or order that they like. Trail map indicates each trail's ease or difficulty.
- Maximum total group size is 10 guests for our Nature Trails. Groups cannot be combined. Guest count must include all people that will be with the group (DDs, non-drinkers, children, etc.). Due to COVID restrictions, if guests combine, we will sadly have to ask you to leave.
- Duration & Times: Please arrive within 5 minutes of your scheduled time. Guests may enjoy the trails for up to 3 hours. All guest using the trails must return to the tasting room by 4:30pm.
- Wine & Beer Options: Guest may purchase any Starfield wine or beer up at the Tasting Room to take down to the amphitheater or on the Nature Trails. Tastings are NOT included with an Amphitheater or Nature Trail reservation. Only Starfield wines & beers sold at Starfield can be consumed on Starfield property. Any guest found with alcohol not purchased at Starfield will be escorted off property as it is a violation of our alcohol permits.
Child Policy: Guests of all ages are welcome to enjoy the Nature Trails. Please read below for what can and cannot allow or accomodate.
Children are welcome to bring coloring books, books, iPads with headphones and other self-contained activities that do not disrupt other guests’ appointments and experiences. All pathways indoor and outdoor must remain clear for guests and staff.
- Sports or games such as soccer, football, basketball, Frisbee, all flying objects or any other games/sports of that nature are not permitted on property.
Remote controlled toys, drones, bikes or other mobile toys are not permitted