Tasting Room & Estate Guest Coordinator
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences. The perfect candidates will be outgoing and enthusiastic with high attention to detail. They will be focused on creating memorable experiences and will provide friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards has openings for a part time Tasting Room Guest Coordinator. This position focuses on coordination of guest traffic flow and assists the Winery Estate Hosts with performing essential daily duties and executing tasting room responsibilities to ensure and facilitate great guest tastings, events and experiences. In addition, the Guest Coordinator will assist Winery Estate Hosts with wine sales and sign ups of new club members. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high energy level, attention to detail and guest service experience with excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 14-16+ hours per week.
- Coordinate, direct and manage, check-ins, daily reservations seating charts/sections
- Coordinate the flow and time management of sections, bars and tables in regards to seating, bussing, re-setting, waitlists and any other guest flow duties
- Welcome guests in a warm, hospitable and polished manner while answering questions about the property and tasting options
- Assist Winery Estate Hosts with guests, wine orders, food orders, bussing/resetting, overall stocking and daily functions
- Accurately handle daily transactions including complex POS transactions, accurate club account information, ringing orders, processing returns, receiving stock, and any other customer database needs that arise
- Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily
- Cover Winery Estate Hosts sections during lunch breaks
- Event support, including set-up and break down
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must work weekends
- Minimum 1 year of hosting experience. Retail, tasting room, fine dining restaurant, event, golf course and/or hotel/private club experience a bonus but we will train the right person
- Must be able to execute key functions of computers and database such as transactions, guest information updates, guest history, and etc.
- Must be able to talk in front of large groups
- This position requires regular standing and walking. In addition, the employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks as outlined
- Knowledge of food, pairings and the Sierra Foothills AVA is a bonus
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, high-touch customer service
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Great customer service & sales focus
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE.
Positions starts at $14 to $15 per hour plus tips, commission and employee wine discounts. DOE
- Only serious inquiries. Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.