- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl mix apples and eggs.
- Add oil, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Combine with flour mixture and mix well.
- Grease a 9” glass pie plate with shortening and coat with sugar. Put cake batter in the sugared pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- While cake is cooling, simmer 1 bottle of Ice Wine. Whisk 2 tablespoons of butter into the wine. Stir frequently until the wine is reduced by half and is slightly syrupy. Once cake has cooled, drizzle sauce generously over cake.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.
Recommended Wine Pairings