- In a large non-aluminum saucepan, whisk together ½ cup water with the Tempranillo, sugar, unsweeted cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisking frequently, bring to a boil and cook for one minute. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, whisking until melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and remaining ¾ cup water. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled chocolate mixture into a blender and blend for 15 seconds.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, approximately one hour.
- Once chilled, whisk briefly and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine. Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.
Recommended Wine Pairings