- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Taking 3 oz ramekins, rub inside with butter and tear bread into pieces and fit inside.
- Place ramekins in a 2 ½” deep hotel pan. Add water untill half way point in pan.
- Combine 2 ½ cups cream, sugar, and salt in sauce pan and bring to simmer.
- Mix cornstarch and ½ cup remaining cold cream in bowl till smooth.
- Pouring in a thin stream, add a cup of hot liquid from saucepan to cornstarch.
- Stir mixture back into remaining hot liquid in saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until the mixture thickens and comes to boil.
- Add raisins at this point. Remove from heat, mix in extract.
- Pour into ramekins, add pieces of butter to top of bread.
- Place hotel pan into oven, and bake till tops are golden brown and filling is beginning to boil.
- Do not exceed 15 min in oven as raisins will burn.
- Remove hotel pan, remove ramekins and let cool.
Serve with salted carmel sauce on top.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.