- In a large bowl, toss eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, onions and tomatoes with half of the olive oil. Season liberally with coarse sea salt, black pepper and Aleppo pepper flakes.
- Rub with gloved hands to coat evenly.
- Wrap each vegetable individually in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Once you have finished grilling your meal and only smoldering coals remain, place the foil-wrapped vegetables directly on coals. Pile some coals on top of the foil packages.
- Place lid on grill and let cook until vegetables are completely tender, about 2-4 hours.
- Remove the vegetable packages from the coals and unwrap.
- Peel and discard the skins of the eggplant, pepper, onion and tomatoes. Remove and discard the seeds of the peppers and the eggplant.
- Roughly chop the vegetables and place in a medium size bowl. Stir in the remaining olive oil, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and Aleppo pepper, or substitution. Drizzle with sherry vinegar to taste.
Serve on crusty bread, crackers, flatbreads, grilled poultry or fish.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.
Recommended Wine Pairings
- 2018 Barbera
- 2018 Aglianico