- Place all pulled pork ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Pull pork from crock pot and shred with a fork and knife.
- Remove 2/3 of the juice from the crock pot. Transfer juice to a medium size sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer shredded pork back to crock pot and turn on low.
- While you are waiting for the juice to simmer, in a separate bowl, add 2 teaspoons of corn starch to ¼ cup of water. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the juice is simmering, add corn starch mixture and keep stirring until you reach desired thickness. Remove sauce from heat once desired thickness has been reached.
- Mix sauce and pulled pork together to coat.
- Place all coleslaw ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- If you like more vinegar-based coleslaw, add vinegar to taste preferences. If you like sweeter coleslaw, add white sugar to taste preferences.
- Once the sauce and coleslaw have been completed, serve by spooning pork and coleslaw onto buns.
- For added flavor, lightly toast buns, top with American cheese.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.
Recommended Wine Pairings