- Notes: If you have trouble finding Sherry Vinegar, Rice Vinegar is a great and easy to find alternative!
- Sort and rinse the lentils.
- Place lentils and water in a heavy bottom soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium and cook just until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Place lentils in a colander to drain off excess water. Place cooked lentils in a large mixing bowl to cool. Once cool, toss the lentils with vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the diced carrots, celery and yellow onion.
- Sauté with a generous pinch of salt until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the cooked vegetables to the lentils. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with sherry vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
Variations to add to finished lentil salad:
½ cup diced cucumbers
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tbsps fresh mint, chopped
1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.
Recommended Wine Pairings