- Spread brown sugar out on a baking sheet for 1-2 hours so it can dry out and avoid clumping.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. Or, sift the ingredients into a bowl and whisk them until mixed.
- Store in airtight container, or gift it in a mason jar.
- Sprinkle dry rub mix on all sides of the meat (chicken, beef, or pork) and rub it in. If you have time, wrap or cover the meat and refrigerate it for 1 hour (or as long as 12 hours) before cooking.
- The fridge time will enhance the flavor, but it's also good if you cook the meat right away.
- Grill, pan fry, or bake the meat according to your preference. Also good for seasoning meat in slow cooker.
Download a printable PDF of this recipe.