1. Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
2. Stir with a long spoon for about 30 seconds.
3. With a chilled coupe glass or chilled martini glass, rim the glass with caramel sauce and brown sugar. Coat a small plate (big enough to fit the top of your glass top on) with caramel sauce. Dip the top of a chilled martini glass in the caramel and the dip it in coarse brown sugar.
4. Once caramel sauce has been added, strain mixture into glass.
5. Garnish with a thinly sliced apple. A sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon is optional.