Winery Tasting Host & Patio Server - Part Time
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences.The perfect candidates will be outgoing and enthusiastic with high attention to detail. They will be focused on creating memorable experiences and will provide friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards has openings for the position of Winery Tasting Room Host & Patio Server. This position focuses on presentation and sales of wine through glass and bottle service in conjunction with food service on Starfield’s outdoor patio. The ideal candidate will enjoy creating meaningful experiences for guests that will focus on and highlight the wines of Starfield. The Winery Patio Server is responsible for providing a high level of personalized customer service and unforgettable experiences in a fast-paced environment while educating guests about our wines and vineyards. This position will sell wine and actively recruit new wine club members by building relationships with guests. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high energy level, attention to detail and sales experience with excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part-time position that will consist of 18 to 24 hours per week plus possible overtime on the weekends. Prior experience working in restaurants, wineries and/or other hospitality related jobs is required. Scheduled days are Saturday - Sunday from 9:30/10am to 5:30/6pm with one weekday shift open based on employee schedules. .Major holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Day and 4th of July, crew members have off and the winery is closed.
Positions starts at $15 to $17 per hour plus tips, commission and employee wine discounts. DOE
- Host and educate customers about our products by providing amazing winery experiences while focusing on building our wine sales and customer base
- Provide exceptional glass and bottle service, while also performing all service duties required for lunch service including taking orders, assembling and printing tickets, running food, ringing guests out, packing wine, bussing, and sanitizing tables and chairs
- Accurately handle daily transactions including complex POS transactions, accurately updating club and guest account information, ringing in orders correctly, processing returns, receiving stock, and any other customer database needs that arise
- Following up with food orders in the back of the house and ensuring accuracy before food is run to guests in a timely manner
- Prepares the facility for opening and closing daily
- Assists with seating guests, setting tables once guests arrive, clearing tables, stocking supplies and all other general duties to help elevate guest’s experiences
- Helps maintain cleanliness of facility, bathrooms, patio, tasting room, lake pavilion, amphitheater, dishes and glassware
- Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Stock merchandise and supplies as needed
- Assist with any day to day needs of the patio and tasting room operations that may arise
- Participation in ongoing outreach and social media
- Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically
- In order to be in compliance with current County, State, and A.B.C. regulations, all staff must follow mandates regarding masks, gloves, personal hygiene, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must work weekends
- Minimum 1 – 2 years tasting room, fine dining restaurant, event, retail and/or hotel/private club experience preferred
- Must be able to execute key functions of computers and database such as transactions, guest information updates, guest history, and etc.
- Must be able to work outside on the Starfield Patio for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, utilize a dolly cart, and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in hot/cold temperatures
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks as outlined
- Have/is willing to get the safe serve certification for food handling. We will sponsor certification of the right person
- Knowledge/is willing to learn proper food handling techniques, regulations, and best practices
- Knowledge of food, pairings and the Sierra Foothills AVA is a bonus
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, high-touch customer service
- Proven track record of sales achievements in a customer service driven environment
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- A positive attitude and engaging personality with a warm and welcoming, polished demeanor and personal presentation
- Knowledgeable about wine and winemaking. We will train the right person
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments and supervisors
- Ability to work in a professional environment, including use of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service & sales focus
- Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE. We operate and adhere to all guidelines set forth by CDC and the local health authorities.