Host Assistant & Sales Support
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences. The perfect candidates will be outgoing, enthusiastic with high attention to detail. They will be focused on creating memorable experiences, and providing friendly, knowledgeable and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards has openings for a part time Host Assistant & Sales Support. This position focuses on supporting and assisting all Winery Estate Hosts and Tasting Room Staff with performing essential daily duties and executing tasting room responsibilities to ensure and facilitate great guest tastings, events and experiences. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high energy level, attention to detail, ability to multitask, pro-active go getter and most importantly, a team player. This position is responsible for all assisting with all service needs, buffing glassware, restocking wine and merchandise, assisting with and tidying bathrooms and tasting room, clearing and resetting tables for new guests while doing this all in a professional and effective manner.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 14-16+ hours per week.
- Assists all tasting room and winery staff with executing guest’s needs by providing such as wine orders, food orders, overall stocking, seating guests, setting tables, stocking supplies/merchandise and other daily functions
- Assists with other general duties that may arise to help elevate guest’s experiences
- Help maintain cleanliness of all guest areas, equipment and facilities
- Assists with opening and closing daily for the Tasting Room and property
- Event support, including set-up and break down
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, attentive customer service
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- A positive attitude and engaging personality with a warm and welcoming, polished demeanor and personal presentation
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple department
- Good communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Must be 18 years of age. Anyone under the age of 21 is not permitted to pour or handle open containers.
- Preferred - One year of retail, restaurant, event, golf course and/or hotel/private club experience. Will train the right candidate.
- Must work weekends
- This position requires regular standing and walking. In addition, the employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks as outlined
- Knowledge of the local area is a plus
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are an EOE.
Positions start at $13 to $14 per hour plus tips and commission. DOE
- Only serious inquiries. Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.