Flights & Feathers Bird Watching Event
$5 for members
$10 for non members
Here at Starfield, we are not just wine lovers but we also huge lovers of all things ‘flora and fauna’ and we love to share those with our guests! From our vines, to our gardens and wildlife, we take great care to keep our property “wild” for native creatures and their habitats.
On Sunday, March 29th, we invite you to meet Starfield’s feathered friends! Starfield fans, bird lovers and nature lovers are all invited to enjoy a tranquil guided birdwatching tour of our Estate. Not only do we have many ‘wild’ full-time resident birds such Western bluebirds, Northern flickers, Dark-eyed juncos and Black phoebes, we also frequently see Belted kingfishers, Blue Herons, Cattle egrets, Osprey, Red shoulder hawks, Cedar waxwings, Anna’s Hummingbirds, Acorn woodpeckers and a wide variety of song birds, not to mention a long list of other native and migrating birds that pass through on any given day. Strolling through our vineyards while listening to the array of bright songs and taking in the kaleidoscope of beautiful colors, is such a fun and relaxing way to enjoy nature.
Don’t worry if you are a beginner or have never done this before. Our expert local guides will lead you to the ‘hot spots’ and to help you observe and identify both native and migrating birds. This special event will begin with a quick orientation of our property and recently sighted birds, followed by an hour and a half birdwatching, walking tour. At the conclusion of the birding excursion, guests will return to the tasting room to enjoy a flight of 6 Starfield wines. Please note, due to the adult nature of this event, this experience is for all folks 21 and over to enjoy.
Birds of a feather flock together so if you love wine and birds, join us!!
What You Will Need:
- Binoculars – You do not need anything over the top. Just something functional that will help you see the finer details from a distance.
- Cameras – You will have the opportunity for an array of great pictures from the birds to the vineyard to the overall scenery. We encourage guests to bring their phones and/or cameras. When posting on social media, please be sure to tag Starfield Vineyards.
- Attire – Please wear darker color clothes as it helps the group go unnoticed. Please also dress accordingly for the forecasted weather.
- Shoes – Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes as this will be a walking tour with varying surfaces and inclines.
- Birding Books or Birding Apps – Finding a new bird can be very exciting! We encorage guests to either bring a birding book or download a birding app such as Audubon or eBird.
Details & How to Purchase Tickets:
- Pre-purchase of tickets is required. To purchase your tickets, please call Jennifer at 530-748-3085 ext. 502 by Monday, March 23rd. Space is limited to 20 guests so that each guest can receive the best assistance and attention. Tickets will not be available for sale the day of.
- $5 for club members. $10 for each non-member. Member pricing will be extended to the active member and one guest. Each additional guest will be charged the non-member rate. Tickets are charged at the time of booking.
- Each ticket includes a 1.5 hour birdwatching excursion followed by a flight of 6 wines. The birding portion will conclude at 11am. Guests will then return to the tasting room for a casual wine tasting.
- Arrival Time: Gates will open at 8:50am. Please arrive no later than 9:05am for a quick orientation.
- Please note that this is a walking tour and excursion that is outdoors.
- In the case of bad weather and the event has to be cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
- All attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend. We apologize but due to the adult nature of the event, we will not be able to accommodate minors.
- Cancellation Policy - If for any reason you should need to cancel or change your reservation, please contact us by phone a minimum of 5 days prior to the event to receive a full refund. Any cancellations within 5 days of the event are non-refundable.