Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences. The perfect candidates will be outgoing and enthusiastic with high attention to detail. They will be focused on creating memorable experiences and will provide friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive guest service.
Summary Starfield Vineyards has an opening for a part-time Reservationist. This position handles all the of the necessary tasks for making a guest reservation via phone, email, or in person if necessary. Attention to detail and organization is paramount to this position. This position also includes correctly updating the reservation book, ringing in the reservations through our Point of Sale system, updating calendar and managing the floor map to correctly reflect the resevations. This position also requires general office management tasks such as data entry, scanning, organizing, and maintaining a neatly organized workspace. Polite, clear, consistent, and concise communication both over the phone and email is a necessary skill. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high attention to detail and guest service experience with excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 24 to 32 hours per week.
Prior experience working in restaurants, wineries and/or other hospitality related jobs is required.
- Inform guests of what experiences are available, including specifics of what is or is not offered during each experience, the duration of each experience, and what additional activities guests can do while on property
- Help the staff create meaningful visits with guests by inquiring about special occasions, requests, and anticipating special guest needs
- Ring in invoices reflecting reservation information, and updating the reservation book correctly
- Enter wine club information accurately and completely
- Assist with scanning and coding invoices, & following up to make sure they are paid
- Create and manage reservations for all guest experiences, including following up with guests, and adjusting guest counts if needed
- Manage and reconcile guest counts between the POS system and the reservation book
- Answer phones and return voice messages in the order they were received
- Respond to emailed reservation requests in the order in which they were received
- Build guest accounts from reservation request information
- Assists staff with maintaining a clean and organized workspace
- Sanitize high touch areas throughout the workday
- In order to be in compliance with current County, State, and A.B.C. regulations, all staff must follow mandates regarding masks, gloves, personal hygiene, etc.
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience as a reservationist at a hotel, golf resort, winery, country club, or vacation resort.
- Must work weekends
- Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft office, specifically Excel and Word
- Must be able to answer phones and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to look at a screen for most of the shift
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks in the manner outlined
- Must be 21 years of age due to alcohol service
- Knowledge and interest in wines, grape growing, AVAs, and wineries is a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills. Must be an eloquent, efficient, and consistent communicator on the phone, in person, and over email
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, high-touch customer service
- Attention to detail is critical
- A positive attitude and engaging personality with a warm and welcoming, polished demeanor and personal presentation
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- Strong organizational skills and high initiative
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments and supervisors
- Ability to work in a professional environment, including use of discretion and confidentiality.
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE.
Position starts at $15 to $16 per hour, plus overtime and employee wine discounts. DOE
- Only serious inquiries
- Qualified candidates please respond with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Please include the job title in your subject line.
- Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.