Winery Kitchen Assistant
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 26 to 30 hours per week, Thursday - Sunday roughly 9:30/10am to 5/6pm.
- Candidates must be honest, reliable, hard-working and welcoming to our clients, co-workers and guests.
- Candidates must have a minimum+ year deli, kitchen or prep experience. Fast paced, high volume experience is a huge plus. Experience with creating new menus, costing recipes and rolling out new programs is a HUGE plus.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 40 lbs.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years old due to the alcohol and wine pairings.
- MUST be available to work Saturday and Sundays and some holidays. Shifts will be from 9/10am to 5/6pm.
- Knowledge of food, pairings and the Sierra Foothills AVA is a bonus.
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Prepare and execute items/food under the direction of management.
- Assist with all opening/closing kitchen duties and set up/breakdown in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with all daily prep in a timely and proactive manner with minimal supervision.
- Assist with recipe development and pairings.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards established.
- Work as a team to ensure all required duties are completed.
- Prepare food items such as cheese plates, charcuterie plates, sandwiches and all other menu item.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional customer service.
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed.
- A positive attitude with a warm, welcoming and engaging personality.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Great guest service skills.
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE. We operate and adhere to all guidelines set forth by CDC and the local health authorities.
Depending on experience, positions starts at $14 to $15 per hour plus tips and employee wine discounts. DOE
- Only serious inquiries. Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.