Winery Estate Hosts
Starfield Vineyards is looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards, food and high-level guest service. We are a fast-growing winery that prides itself on phenomenal wines and providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences.The perfect candidates will be outgoing and enthusiastic with high attention to detail. They will be focused on creating memorable experiences and will provide friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards has openings for part time Winery Estate Hosts. This position focuses on presentation and sales of wine through daily tastings, tours and scheduled special events. The Winery Estate Host is responsible for providing a high level of personalized customer service and unforgettable experiences in a fast-paced environment while educating guests about our wines and vineyards. The Winery Estate Host actively recruits new wine club members and assists guests in the selection and purchases of wines. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, high energy level, attention to detail and sales experience with excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.
Working weekends is a must. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part time position that will consist of 16 - 20 hours per week.
- Host and educate customers about our products by providing amazing winery experiences while focusing on building our tasting room sales and customer base
- Accurately handle daily transactions including complex POS transactions, accurate club account information and any other customer database needs that arise
- Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily
- Assists with seating guests, setting tables, setting private tastings, clearing tables, stocking supplies/merchandise and all other general duties to help elevate guest’s experiences
- Helps maintain cleanliness of facility, bathrooms, tasting room, lake pavilion, amphitheater and glassware
- Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Event support and hosting, including set-up and break down
- Assist with any day to day needs of the tasting room operations that may arise
- Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must work weekends
- Minimum 1 year tasting room, fine dining restaurant, event, retail and/or hotel/private club experience
- Must be able to execute key functions of computers and database such as transactions, guest information updates, guest history, and etc.
- Must be able to talk in front of large groups
- This position requires regular standing and walking. In addition, the employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks as outlined
- Knowledge of food, pairings and the Sierra Foothills AVA is a bonus
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment while providing exceptional, high-touch customer service
- Proven track record of sales achievements in a customer service driven environment
- Pro-active and motivated with team focused work ethic, ready to help where needed
- A positive attitude and engaging personality with a warm and welcoming, polished demeanor and personal presentation
- Knowledgeable about wine and winemaking a plus. We will train the right person
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Great time management with the ability to recognize and prioritize guests’ needs with particular attention to time-sensitive issues
- Multitask with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments and supervisors
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service & sales focus
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE.
Positions starts at $14 to $15 per hour plus tips, commission and employee wine discounts. DOE
- Only serious inquiries. Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.