Food Expeditor & Kitchen Assistant
Starfield Vineyards is looking for the perfect candidate to help us further develop and expand our culinary and events program. We are a fast-growing winery that prides ourselves on producing phenomenal wines and providing guests with unparalleled wine tasting and vineyard experiences in the Sierra Foothills. We are looking for committed, hardworking team players that love to learn about wine, vineyards and food in a fast-paced environment. Starfield’s focuses are creating memorable experiences while providing friendly, knowledgeable and responsive guest service.
Starfield Vineyards is currently seeking an Expo to assist with the prep and execution of our weekend lunch service, and to smooth the workflow between the kitchen, servers, and tables. We focus on giving outstanding, memorable service to all our guests, while maximizing the number of guests we can host each day. This position requires exceptional communication skills, and experience in the work environment of a small, busy kitchen. The ideal candidate will possess high quality standards, a positive attitude, good time management skills, and able to adapt to new ever-changing and possibly stressful situations. Must be able to take and give direction, when appropriate. Must prioritize kitchen needs in coordination with guest needs on the fly. In addition to having good attention to detail and ensuring that all plates that leave the kitchen are up to standard, the expeditor must maintain Serv Safe guidelines. This position requires a cool head under stress, physical stamina, strong organizational skills, assisting the plating & garnish of all menu items while maintaining portion control, assisting with the flow of orders to and from tables, and maintaining a clean station.
Working weekends is required. Candidates who cannot commit to 95% of Saturdays and Sundays should not apply. This is a part-time position from Thursday through Sundays. Shifts range from a start time of 10am/11am to 6pm/7pm. Depending on experience, positions starts at $18 to $20 per hour plus tips and employee wine discounts. DOE
Day in the life our Expo:
In conjunction with all departments and under the supervision of Upper Management and the BOH supervisors, this position will play a key role in helping to deliver exceptional wine and dining experiences to guests. Job duties will include an array of BOH duties that help to facilitate the entire Starfield team in providing our guests with a wonderful day in wine country! On Saturdays and Sundays the Expo will focus on assisting the kitchen crew with managing the flow of tickets and to coordinate a smooth service and ticket times. Additionally, the Expo will assist with light prep and ensuring that ingredient inventory levels are stocked, maintained and prepped to daily inventory levels.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the servers to the kitchen
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority
- Maintain appropriate ticket times
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Deliver orders to maintain fast service
- Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dishwashing
- Inspect the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the FOH staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request, allergies, item inventory)
- Assist with light prep and kitchen set up, tear down and cleaning
- Support other tasks as needed
- Candidates must be honest, reliable, hard-working and welcoming to our clients, co-workers and guests
- Well-organized and ability to coordinate and direct people
- Ability to take direction
- Keep open lines of communication between the kitchen, upper management, and service staff
- Proven experience as food expeditor or other restaurant kitchen position.
- Must have experience in a fast paced, high volume establishment
- Must have excellent communication
- Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
- Maintain safety and sanitization standards of all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Dexterity in using kitchen equipment or utensils and carry heavy trays
- Work as a team to ensure all required duties are completed
- A customer-oriented approach
- Food Safe Certification – Starfield will reimburse if certification is needed
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 40lbs
- Candidate must be at least 21 years old due to alcohol laws.
- General wine knowledge and/or wine pairing experience and knowledge a plus
- Will train the right person. Tons of room for growth and advancement
Candidates must be 18 years of age. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and special events as needed. Qualified candidates please respond with a resume and cover letter to the link provided in this post.
- Qualified candidates please respond with a resume.
- Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are a EOE. We operate and adhere to all guidelines set forth by CDC and the local health authorities.